So, you are an internationally educated professional, you attended many adaptation programs for immigrants, you are committed and hard worker.
Then, Why can’t you find your dream job?
I talked about similar topics here, but recently, all the planets aligned, and I had some constructive conversations that enlightened me as never before.
hree brilliant, wonderful women, each one expert on related fields, without realizing it coincided pretty much in words they had for me, and I’ll share my finding here with you.
Here are the steps you must follow to land a dream job in your new country
- Update your education locally: trust me, I understand how hard you studied, but if you don’t renew your skills related to your background, you are going to be left behind. And the reason for this is simple: many other candidates did do it.
- Get Canadian experience: again, I know! How can you get Canadian experience if Canadian employers don’t hire you maybe because of your lack of it? Three words for you: Volunteering, Education, Networking.
- Connect with other people, let the world know your skills, get other people to know you, learn from others. In other words, even I used it above, the summary is networking.
Now that you know what to do, it is crucial that you grasp these tips:
- Update your education wisely: Do I want to study a new or same degree, pursue a master? Do I want to revise some courses related to my profession? Do I want to inquiry about courses to start my own business?
- Volunteer sharply: explore the organizations looking for volunteers, and look for those that match your interests. That way, you’ll be motivated to collaborate from the core.
- Treat your volunteering as a job. I know, there is a relevant $difference$. However, that will be your reference card, so you want the organization to see what can you do, how reliable, and what a great asset you are.
- Allow you to be kind to yourself: you are doing all that you can. And if you aren’t, give it a free of guilt thought, talk it with a friend, find the spark you are missing.
Well, what are your thoughts? Did something of this resonate with you? Do you have questions? Write them down!